Saturday, September 18, 2010

I Can Feel a Hot One

My latest A.D.D.I.C.T.I.O.N

All thanks to Gossip Girl Season 2 Episode 03

Came to know of this song through that particular episode of GG. Been stuck ever since. Browsed through Youtube for the official video, as usual, can't find any. Nevertheless chanced upon this fan-made video of Blair and Chuck. Though not really a big fan of this couple (unlike EV :P), have to admit that it suits the melancholic melody of the song. Be warned, the lyrics may be worse.




MANCHESTER ORCHESTRA- I CAN FEEL A HOT ONE


I could feel a hot one taking me down 
For a moment, I could feel the force 
Fainted to the point of tears 
And you were holding on to make a point 
What's the point? 

I'm but a clean man, stable and alone man 
Make it so I won't have to try 
The faces always stay the same 
So I face the fact that I'm just fine 
I said that I'm just fine 

I remember, head down, 
After you had found out 
Manna is a hell of a drug 
And I need a little more, I think 
Because enough is never quite enough 
What's enough? 

I took it like a grown man crying on the pavement 
Hoping you would show your face 
But I haven't heard a thing you've said 
In at least a couple hundred days 
What'd you say? 

I was in the front seat, shaking it out 
And I was asking if you felt alright 
I never want to hear the truth 
I want to hear your voice, it sounded fine
My voice, it sounded fine 

I could feel my heartbeat taking me down 
And for the moment, I would sleep alright 
I'm dealing with a selfish fear 
To keep me up another restless night 
Another restless night 

The blood was dry, it was sober 
The feeling of audible cracks 
And I could tell it was over 
From the curtains that hung from your neck 

And I realized that then you were perfect 
And my teeth ripping out of my head 
And it looked like a painting I once knew 
Back when my thoughts weren't entirely intact 

To pray for what I thought were angels 
Ended up being ambulances 
And the Lord showed me dreams of my daughter 
She was crying inside your stomach 

And I felt love again

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there, feel free to share me your say!