Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Happy Horsie New Year

Chinese New Year every year has been pretty much the same now that I've fully grown into adulthood. And yes, it sucks big time. Gone are the excitement, the 'I-cannot-wait-to-wear-my-new-clothes' anticipation and the craving for bak kwa. And lesser angpows wtf. The only thing that makes me look forward to Chinese New Year is the time I will be spendin with all my family members. I believe nothin can be more precious than that.


White horsies at my office area!

And not forgettin, beloved Grandma's homecooked food! *drools* CNY foodies' pictures in another post later! Fingers crossed wtf. First up, picture-heavy post!


Chinese New Year Eve

Had reunion dinners at both maternal and paternal grandmas' house as this has been our custom for the past don't know how many years. And I loved this arrangement. Coz I got to eat delicacies from both sides and that was just pure bliss. Glutton me was so very pleased.



Decorations at home. My tradition to buy the couple ornaments based on the animal year.


Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right.


Chinese New Year Day 1

Woke up at around 7a.m., excitedly changed into New Year dress, wished Daddy and Mummy 'Happy New Year', got my angpows and off we went to church. Well.. that pretty much summed up my mornin. 


Sorry for the blur pic ><





EJace's Thread of the Day #etotd: Dress from Tee Too (Paradigm Mall); Korean 3D Mini Watch; 
Pony & Rainbow Earrings


And while on the way to church..












Oh yea, forgotten to show off my manicure! Prettyy not?! I super super love it even though it was bought from a pasar malam. Never mind the cheap price and quality so long it makes me feel happy and it did!





After church, we went back to grandma's and I m not sure since when we are into takin pics, alot of pics to be exact, we took our first selfie as one big family! Using just a high stack of chairs, Koko's Note 3 and masking tape. Hehe.



Next are pictures with grandma!







Candid photos :D





Our house 五朵花




We love our grandma!

That's it! After the photoshoot session, we just continued with our usual 拜年 routine and then went back to grandma's for dinner and "investment" get-together lol. Played heart attack with cousies as well and Margaret lost!


Pic or it did not happen wtf


Chinese New Year Day 2
Second day was much simpler, slept till the sun burned my butt only I was willin to wake up. Head over to grandma's in the evenin while the others all went to church. So we are officially the devils. Hehehe. Taught Margaret how to "invest" and she ended up sittin at the table for 5 hours wtf.

Grandma won the last game and off we went to have our annual reunion supper at E&Y which is basically a mamak lol. The aneh had a very hard time takin our orders haha.










That's all for my 初一 and 初二. To be continued..

Till then, x!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there, feel free to share me your say!