Tuesday, February 25, 2014

One Night In Muar

初三! Went to Muar, 자기야's hometown, on the third day of CNY, to pay his family a visit. And it was my first time. Not to Muar though, as I had been there before when I was young as my family used to buy pastries from their well-known local shop, Yong Sheng. Rather, it was my first time meeting The Parents. I have seen pictures on Facebook; his younger siblings all added me. Still, it was somethin to be nervous about for me (◕ˇ0ˇ◕。)

Being the good girlfriend that I m, *ahem*, I suggested to 자기야 that I would take a morning bus up to Muar by myself  since the journey from JB will only take at most 2.5 hours, which was considered easy peasy considerin the fact that I always travel to and fro KL-JB.

I usually arrived at the bus station 15 minutes before departure time, but this time round, I was a lil late. Only five minutes left before the bus was due to leave, I was in a state of panic. All because it was my first time takin the bus to Muar and I did not know where the bus was and I couldn't find it. The woman at the counter was of no help at all, instead I got a scoldin from her. Bleh! But thank God for Daddy, my superhero, he managed to find the bus for me and off I went. Obviously I was the last passenger they were waitin for -.-

Like I've mentioned just now, I will always try to arrive early just so that I could go toilet and be well-prepared, even though buses to KL will usually make a stopover for toilet breaks. Assuming that it will be the same, I held my bladder since I did not manage to go to the toilet before going up the bus, thinkin that the bus will soon stop for toilet break. How wrong was I! In the end, I had to bear with the unbearable urge until I reached Muar. 

Had lunch at 자기야's home, got grilled by relatives, haha! and then had a touristy visit around town with 자기야. And what's a trip to Muar without these?


Otak-otak!

Usually only get to eat these either at mamaks or hawkers, so was happy to finally have the chance to try the famous otak-otak in Muar. True to its popularity, it was so nice that I actually ate about 20 sticks myself and bought another 100 to bring back to JB :D


This is the famous street whereby most otak-otak stalls are situated at. Despite staying in Muar most of his life, 자기야 didn't know which stall is the most famous one so we ended up tryin those stalls with the most customers before deciding on which to buy from.

We then had dinner at Restaurant Ting Ting 津津生鱼米粉 to have an advance birthday celebration for 자기야's Mum. As it was Chinese New Year, hence they only offered set dinners so we had one of the 7-course dinner. Apparently it was one of the famous restaurants in Muar. Dinner was overall delicious.




After dinner, The Siblings actually asked me, "Can we take pictures with you?" which really shocked me haha. So we ended up taking selfies outside the restaurant with 자기야 being the photographer which explained why he was not in any of pictures below lol.







EJace's Thread of the Day #etotd: Peplum Top from Padini, Shorts from Kitschen, Jelly Ballerina Flats from Jelly Bunny, Bag from Taiwan

After dinner, 자기야 brought me to have a walk around the riverside. We were at this Clock Tower area when we saw alot of people flying kites there, yes, at night when I chanced upon this kite-decorated tree. Special, right? Lol.


After the romantic walk, we then have our supper at one of the cafes in Muar (they really have alot of cafes here). 자기야 decided on this Lotta Cafe. It's like a big bungalow house with indoor and outdoor seating. They have tables set outside on the garden and we actually ate in the dark. No pictures taken except of a piece of cake. Haha. The food was slightly overpriced though and not exactly that exceptional.


Apparently 자기야's best buddies wanted so much to meet me that they actually created a Whatsapp group named "All About Yeong's Gf". Hahaha. Can't believed it until 자기야 showed it to me. So we had a drinking session at another cafe, Read Cafe. Told ya, Muar really has alot of cafes. Gave his buddies a chance to grill me, lol. Drank till 2a.m before heading back to sleep. And with that, ended my one night in Muar :)

Till then, x!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there, feel free to share me your say!